Edges of Day Photo Contest
Our World In Focus is proud to present the 2019 'Edges of Day' Photo Contest! 'Edges of Day' is all about the light! Light is key in creating compelling imagery. The best light happens during the periods around sunrise and sunset. Photographers know these windows of great light as the 'blue hour' and the 'golden hour'. For this contest, we want to see your most creative blue hour and golden hour shots.
We have over $5,000 in cash & prizes up for grabs and the top 5 images will be awarded! There are no limitations on photographic genre, but the photo must be taken during the blue hour or golden hour. Submit your best shots between August 1st and October 31st, 2019.
$10 Per Image
August 1 - October 31
- Images can be submitted from August 1st, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, to October 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. OWIF may modify the contest entry period at its sole discretion.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Contest is open to individuals over 18 years of age.
- Images submitted must be your own work.
- Images must be photographic in origin, meaning they were taken with a camera (DSLR, ILC, Cell Phone, etc.).
- No limitations on the age of images.
- Post Processing:
- Post processing is allowed.
- HDR images are allowed.
- Composite images, which add and/or remove elements that were not in the original scene, are not allowed.
- Minor cloning that doesn't affect or change major elements of the scene is allowed.
- Adjusting color, contrast, crop, removing dust or small imperfections, vignetting and similar adjustments are allowed.
- If your image is selected as a winner, you may be required to provide the original RAW file(s).
- Image format:
- Please submit .jpg files.
- Size images to 1,600px or greater on the longest edge.
- Images should be no larger than 2mb.
- Do not watermark your images.
- Entry fee is $10/image. There is no limit on the number of entries.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules listed here and our terms & conditions.
- Potential winners will be notified by e-mail between November 30, 2019, and December 31, 2019.