Amazing Wildlife Photo Contest
Our World In Focus is proud to present the 2019 Amazing Wildlife Photo Contest! This premier contest is focused on the incredible wildlife that inhabits planet earth. We want to see images that tell a unique story, capture a perfect moment and convey emotion. We have over $6,000 in cash & prizes up for grabs and the top 5 images will be awarded!
Wildlife surrounds us, no matter where we live. Whether it is an urban dwelling monkey, reclusive mountain cat or a deer family in your own backyard, we want to see your favorite wildlife images! 10% of our net proceeds will be donated to Conservation International.
We have teamed up with our amazing sponsors and judges to reward your hard work with great prizes and recognition! The Amazing Wildlife Contest is judged by international award winning wildlife photographers Ami Vitale & Mogens Trolle!
Wildlife photography can be extremely difficult to shoot; it takes persistence and determination. You need to act fast and be in the right place at the right time to capture a great image. Submit your best wildlife shots between May 1st and July 31st, 2019.
Winners Will Be Announced in September
YOU RETAIN ALL COPYRIGHT RIGHTS TO YOUR SUBMITTED IMAGES.
AMI VITALE is a Nikon Ambassador and a National Geographic photographer. Her journey as a photographer, writer and filmmaker have taken her to over 100 countries where she has witnessed civil unrest and violence, but also surreal beauty and the enduring power of the human spirit.
MOGENS TROLLE is a Danish biologist and mammal researcher turned wildlife photographer. He has worked with and photographed wildlife for more than 25 years and on all seven continents. He specializes in portraits of wild mammals, in particular primates, focusing on their facial expressions and personalities. Mogens Trolle has published five books on wildlife, including guides to the wildlife of Africa, Greenland and the Galapagos, respectively.
YOU RETAIN ALL COPYRIGHTS TO YOUR SUBMITTED IMAGES.
$10 Per Image
May 1 - July 31, 2019
- Images can be submitted from May 1st, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, to July 31st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. OWIF may modify the contest entry period at its sole discretion.
- Images submitted for consideration must have wildlife pictured. Wildlife is defined as: Animals not living in captivity. Insects, sea creatures, land animals are all acceptable.
- LensProToGo Gear Credits are only available for US-based rentals.
- No late submissions will be accepted. Late submissions are defined as attempted submissions after the contest deadline has passed.
- Contest is open to individuals over 18 years of age.
- Images submitted must be your own work.
- Images must be photographic in origin, meaning they were taken with a camera (DSLR, ILC, Cell Phone, etc.).
- No limitations on the age of images.
- Post Processing:
- Post processing is allowed.
- HDR images are allowed.
- Composite images, which add and/or remove elements that were not in the original scene, are not allowed.
- Minor cloning that doesn't affect or change major elements of the scene is allowed.
- Adjusting color, contrast, crop, removing dust or small imperfections, vignetting and similar adjustments are allowed.
- If your image is selected as a winner, you may be required to provide the original RAW file(s).
- Image format:
- Please submit .jpg files.
- Size images to 1,600px or greater on the longest edge.
- Images should be no larger than 2mb.
- Do not watermark your images.
- Entry fee is $10/image. There is no limit on the number of entries.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules listed here and our terms & conditions.
- Copyright & Usage:
- You retain all copyright rights to your submitted images.
- Our World In Focus does not claim any copyright rights related to submitted images.
- By submitting images to any Our World In Focus contest, you grant Our World In Focus permission to use your image for:
- Display on our website, newsletter and social media feeds. (full credit given)
- Potential winners will be notified by e-mail between July 30, 2019, and August 30, 2019.