2019 Landscape Photo of the Year Contest
Our World In Focus is excited to present the 2019 Landscape Photo of the Year Contest! Our premier annual landscape photography contest opens on August 1st, 2019. This call for entries focuses on the landscapes of our incredible planet, and we want to see your very best images! We have over $5,500 in cash & prizes up for grabs, including a Tamron 2.8 G2 lens. The top 5 images will be awarded!
The Landscape Photo of the Year Contest is open to entrants over age 18 from all countries. With a broadly defined landscape theme, we want to see your best landscapes and seascape scenes taken any time of day or night. Grand landscapes, small intimate nature scenes and all images in between are welcomed. Every 5th image entry is FREE!
We have teamed up with our amazing sponsors and judges to reward your hard work with great prizes and recognition! The 2019 Landscape Photo of the Year Contest is judged by international award winning landscape and nature photographer Ian Plant! Ian is a world-renowned professional photographer, educator, author of numerous books and most recently, the creator of an all new adventure based educational platform called Shuttermonkeys.
Landscape photography is a labor of love; it requires hard work in the field, early mornings and late nights, a bit of good luck and perseverance. We are looking forward to seeing your best shots, good luck! Entry fee is $10.00 per image and every 5th image entry is FREE! Submit your images between August 1st and October 31st, 2019.
YOU RETAIN ALL COPYRIGHT RIGHTS TO YOUR SUBMITTED IMAGES.
Whether hanging over the rim of an active volcano, braving the elements to photograph critically-endangered species, or trekking deep into the wilderness to places most people will never see, world-renowned professional photographer Ian Plant travels the globe seeking out amazing places and subjects in his never-ending quest to capture the beauty of our world with his camera. Ian seeks out the hidden spaces in between the familiar, relying on long exposures, unique lighting conditions, non-traditional perspectives, and special natural events to show his subjects in a new light. Known for his inspiring images and single-minded dedication to creating the perfect photo, Ian has reached hundreds of thousands of people around the world in his mission to inspire and educate others in the art of photography. Ian is a frequent contributor to many leading photo magazines, the author of numerous books and instructional videos, and co-founder of Shuttermonkeys, a site dedicated to photography education and inspiration.
YOU RETAIN ALL COPYRIGHTS TO YOUR SUBMITTED IMAGES.
$10 Per Image, Every 5th Image is FREE!
August 1st - October 31st, 2019
• 3+ hours of field-based instructional videos and bonus post-processing modules.
• 120+ page instructional eBook
• Learn directly from one of the world’s leading photographers and photo educators.
• Concise, comprehensive education delivered in a dynamic format.
For 15 years as a professional photographer, I've shared my knowledge with hundreds of thousands of people around the world through workshops, photo conferences and events, dozens of books, and as a frequent contributor to many leading photo publications including my regular column for Landscape Photography Magazine. Everything I've taught over these many years has now been brought together in this amazing course, designed to help you become the best landscape photographer you can be!
- Images can be submitted from August 1st, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, to October 31st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. OWIF may modify the contest entry period at its sole discretion.
- Images submitted for consideration should be of a "landscape" theme. Landscape is defined broadly as: an image picturing an outdoor area, including land and/or water taken at any time of day or night. The image can contain man made objects and/or people, but the landscape/waterscape should be the primary emphasis of the image.
- LensProToGo Gear Credits are only available for US-based rentals.
- No late submissions will be accepted. Late submissions are defined as attempted submissions after the contest deadline has passed.
- Contest is open to individuals over 18 years of age.
- Images submitted must be your own work.
- Images must be photographic in origin, meaning they were taken with a camera (DSLR, ILC, Cell Phone, etc.).
- No limitations on the age of images.
- Post Processing:
- Post processing is allowed.
- HDR images are allowed.
- Composite images, which add and/or remove major elements that were not in the original scene, are not allowed.
- Minor cloning that doesn't affect or change major elements of the scene is allowed. E.g., cloning out debris, a leaf, a sign, etc. is acceptable. Replacing the sky is not acceptable.
- Adjusting color, contrast, crop, removing dust or small imperfections, vignetting and similar adjustments are allowed.
- If your image is selected as a winner, you may be required to provide the original RAW file(s).
- Panoramas, exposure blends, focus stacks and similar methods are acceptable.
- Image format:
- Please submit .jpg files.
- Size images to 1,600px or greater on the longest edge.
- Images should be no larger than 2mb.
- Do not watermark your images.
- Entry fee is $10 per image (1-4 entries) and every 5th image entered is free. There is no limit on the number of entries.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the rules listed here and our terms & conditions.
- Copyright & Usage:
- You retain all copyright rights to your submitted images.
- Our World In Focus does not claim any copyright rights related to submitted images.
- By submitting images to any Our World In Focus contest, you grant Our World In Focus permission to use your image for:
- Display on our website, newsletter and social media feeds. (full credit given)
- Potential winners will be notified by e-mail between December 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019.